Friday, July 25, 2008

Am I Middle Aged?

Seriously am I middle aged now and didn't realize it?! Is it good I am unaware that I am? I don't think I am in denial, I just truly don't know when it starts.
Also, I don't think I appear middle aged. Nor do my friends. I always thought we were cool and unique when we were younger, but now. We are all simply amazing.
Some of us work in fancy museums, some of us play in really good rock bands, some of us can be heard on the morning radio, and some of us work with rock stars. One of us is embracing being a Mommy a little later than most of her high school compadres. Not bad for a bunch of old people.
Right?
This all kind of bubbled up recently when my boss realized I had almost a decade on her in age. Some of my coworkers I have 15 years on! Which I kind of like. It makes me appreciate how much my life has changed. Not that it's easier I have just learned (finally) there are more important things. I still have alot of my quirks and worries that I carried around when I was 25 and even 15. Now I just now when to drop it and go play ball with my favorite little person.

1 comment:

beth said...

You are not middle aged. I have always thought of 45 as the time when middle age start. Maybe that's just me? Goodness me.

We are all pretty spectacular peeps. :)